hyperemesis  

Posted by malungkot_na_tala in , ,

I threw up.

Again.

For the second time, I made the same disgusting act after drinking liquor. We actually did not intend to splurge on GSM Blue and Emperador along with Oishi and nuts as pulutan last night. But because of the spur of the moment, we had the liquor, ice cubes and juice (chaser) right on our hands.

It started okay, with the usual exchange of laughs and stories. I had my own glass and immediately took a half-glass shot of GSM followed by a sip of the orange juice. Then I turned red. It is actually normal for me to turn beet-red even if I only had a sip of alcohol. This runs in the family. My uncle turns red after some shots every time he attends a drinking session. Sarah, my younger sister had rashes which lasted for days after the tequila sessions we had on a Christmas party. My brothers Paolo and JP also experience the same. We all turn out to be Hellboy’s cousins after hours of dancing with the alcohol’s spirit. And every time this happens, its hard to convince everyone that we are still on our normal state.

Anyways, we took turns and before I could realize, I already had five half-glass shots. I was not tipsy really, but I can feel my heart starting to beat faster and my head was as light as a feather. Then I stopped.

I decided to stop the intake so I could relax a bit and allow my system to cope up with the sudden change. After 30 minutes, my color started to change back to normal. And there, I fell asleep. For about 20 minutes of nap, I woke up feeling much better. Then Louie arrived from his class and so I felt I was going to puke upon hearing him lashing out words, questioning why we were drinking.

I was trying to control it. My mind says I can still swallow back what felt like butterflies and roaches rushing out from my throat. But out of the blue, all the partly digested food my stomach was busily tearing was all over my legs, the sofa, the floor and my hair!

After laughing out loud to what I’ve done, I rushed to the bathroom to wash myself. Rama handed me a towel, a pair of shorts and a tee while Daryl cleaned up my mess at the sala. Louie kept on cursing me while I was left laughing. (special thanks to Rama, Daryl and Rei for staying up with me and doing all the messy chores)

Back in 2006, I first threw up. It was our last day in Manila before heading back here in La Union, so Kuya Rain, my cousin, insisted on treating us out. After overeating at the superb dinner prepared by Tita Maggie, we headed straight to a bar, had a few drinks and enjoyed watching the band performing. I was down to my second bottle of beer when I suddenly felt awful. I excused myself, headed to the CR and released all the stuff that was trying to burst out. It was a relief! And no one knew of what I did, of course.

For that two occasions, I was not wasted, I swear. But then I threw up. I remember that prior the drinking session last night, I just finished my meal comprised of Laing, tuna and rice for supper. So, visualize how my stomach and intestines reacted. And just imagine the after-taste of my emesis. Ewww, gross!

I swear I’ll never drink with a full-stomach again.

This entry was posted on Thursday, September 11, 2008 at 9:32 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

hehe soayal ng header

September 13, 2008 at 5:48 AM

Haha! Ate pareho po tayo. Mabilis lang din po ako mamula kapag umiinom kahit wala pang tama tapos mawawala lang din maya-maya Hehe.

Sa buong buhay ko, isang beses pa lang po ako sumusuka dahil sa alak. Ate pamilyar ka po ba sa event na "Pasiklaban" sa UPB? Kasi "Pasik" po noon, tapos pwede pong uminom sa loob ng campus, halo-halo kasi po yung nainom ko nun, hindi po ako lasing pero nasuka ako. Hehe. Madami din pong mga taong sumuka nun, nakakadiri talaga. Pero ako po mismo ang naglinis ng suka ko, kumuha po ako ng mop at ayun. Hehe.

September 19, 2008 at 9:46 AM

Post a Comment